Sign up for news alerts.

We update our financial wellbeing resources regularly to help people build their financial literacy. If you would like to be notified of these updates please submit your email address below, you can opt out whenever it suits you.


How Does Draw Down Income Work?

When you retire you can normally choose to take up to 25% of your pension pot as a tax-free lump sum.  With the remaining 75% you have the option to use this to generate an income however you so wish.  Most will set this up to pay out a regular income, whereas others will prefer to take out adhoc sums as and when they require. The income you receive can be amended depending on the performance of your investments.  There are two main types of income drawdown provision, flexi-access drawdown  and capped drawdown.


The value of pensions and the income they produce can fall as well as rise, you may get back less than you invested.

Back to FAQs

Get in touch

The information collected will be used solely for the purposes of providing background information when contacting you to arrange an appointment.